Friday 30 August 2013

ISMA

We break from our usual focus on Dato Seri Najib and the great job he is doing as the PM to comment on a YouTube video released by ISMA in conjunction with the National Day,





In the YouTube video, ISMA touched on several matters that they felt as being important. This included the rise of chauvinism, liberalism, Christianisation and Syiah beliefs. As I am a Christian, I will not touch on matters surrounding Islam.

However, I will touch on the other issues, at least partly.

First and foremost, I note that ISMA's YouTube video has invited some criticism from YB Rafizi , YB Khalid Samad, and surprisingly Dato Seri Ali Rustam as well.

But the main fact is that ISMA is merely repeating what is being felt by most Malays. Its quite obvious and has been mentioned quite openly by most UMNO bloggers. The only mistake, if  you could call it such, was that ISMA was verbalizing it.

And that to me is not a mistake. If the majority subscribe to the views, might as well as say it out loud and see how the cookie crumbles.

Basically the issue is there and its either the Malaysian public deals with it or not. To me, the only comment I have on the specific issue ISMA has on the "threat of Christianization"   is that the whole polemic could have been sorted and should have been sorted, but has yet to be sorted. And by the way, I completely disagree that the Christians should fight tooth and nail on this issue. It is a case of perceived racial issues disguising itself as a religious polemic issue.

As it stands, I see no issue with ISMA's declaration. I won't support it, because that is being hypocritical, as ISMA has deemed me, a Christian, as a threat. But I won't denounce it either. ISMA is merely repeating what is being felt by Malays by and large. That is the point blank truth.

However, I want to conclude with this and reveal some circumstances that could shed some light.

I work in Singapore and am paid in Singapore dollar. If ISMA favours a policy that makes Malaysia become more backward, and the message is consistent with what pro UMNO bloggers have been saying all along, I will be neutral. After all, Sing dollar Ringgit cross is at 2.65. If the main issues were so easily penned down to those four issues raised by ISMA, then Sing dollar Ringgit cross could go up to 3 or even 4, in five to ten years time. I would have no problem with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. "Genius". Hahahaha. Man, you win the award for the most pathetic blog ever. Dah la gantung gambar penaja macam orang India gantung gambar nenek moyang. Most of your premises jauh menyimpang pulak tu from the groundswell. Macam polisi-polisi Pemandu jugak. Patut la BN kalah teruk hari tu. Keep it up. Tak sabar tengok muka Najib lepas tsunami Melayu pulak. Hahaha. Hari tu kena tsunami Cina muka dia gila terkulat-kulat, man. The poor dude went mute for a month after. Priceless! Hahaha.

Shadow Banker said...

BN is still doing very well. Najib will be PM for a long time.Hidup Najib and hidup Pemandu